Item #68579 ISLES OF PINES WEST INDIES. Land promotional.

ISLES OF PINES WEST INDIES

33 cm. 11pp. Typescript with some hand written notations and corrections, approximately three thousand words. "This interesting little island is situated about 50 miles south of Cuba in the Carribean Sea...." The population are "well-to-do Americans who own about 95% of the island and are after the other 5%.... The laborers are mostly 'Pineros' or Isle or [sic] Pines people and very effecient." Usual positive statements for immigrating, as well as several pages estimating the costs of creating a working fruit grove. The anonymous author mentions that he and his partner in Nueva Gerona, J.A. Miller bought 40 acres in Cuchilla Alta or Santa Ana Estates at $40 per acre from H.R. Leland who is "the sole representative in the United States." He says he has given up his profession as a mining engineer in order to devote his time to a grapefruit grove and pineapple farm. From the contents, we estimate this typescript was written in 1910. Item #68579

Price: $250.00

See all items in Americana
See all items by