Boston: Lane & Scott's Lith. Tremont Temple, nd [1844-1848]. Lithograph of the Commercial Coffee House, 30 x 36 cm. The four story building, with an awning along one side, sits on a cobblestone street corner, horse drawn carriages parked outside. Age toned, darkened, some creasing to corners. Old stain along upper margin extending slightly into the background of the print. The lithographic firm of Lane & Scott was in business in Boston from 1844-1848. Partners Fitz Henry Lane and John W.A. Scott both worked at Pendleton's before going into business for themselves. [see: Jay Last's book, "The Color Explosion: Nineteenth Century American Lithography," (Santa Ana, CA: 2005), p.203]. Item #65328
OCLC lists: Boston Athenaeum, AAS. Historic New England and The Huntington Library (Jay Last Collection) also have copies.