VP: VP, 1802-1819. Contemporary full leather (rubbed, upper hinge starting but sound) with red leather label. 21 cm. pagination various. Foxing, browning and minor stains throughout. Very good.
1. To the Freemen of the State of Connecticut [caption title]. [N.p. 1802?] 16 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 3167.
2. The Crisis. To the People of Connecticut [caption title]. [Hartford 1819.] 16 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 47751. Sabin 17539.
3. BACKUS, SIMON. A Dissertation on the Right and Obligation of the Civil Magistrate to Take Care of the Interest of Religion, and Provide For Its Support.... Middletown: T. & J.B. Dunning, 1804. 34 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 5752. Sabin 2637.
4. [DAGGET, DAVID.] Count the Cost. An Address to the People of Connecticut, on Sundry Political Subjects, and Particularly on the Proposition For a New Constitution. By Jonathan Steadfast [pseud.]. 21, [2 (Appendix)] pp. [Hartford: Hudson & Goodwin, 1804.] AMERICAN IMPRINTS 6109. Sabin 15716.
5. The Sixth of August or the Litchfield Festival. An Address to the People of Connecticut [caption title]. [Hartford: Printed by Hudson and Goodwin, 1806.] 16 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 11366. Sabin 41474 and 81493.
6. WOLCOTT [OLIVER]. Speech of His Excellency Governor Wolcott, Delivered Before Both Houses at the Session of the General Assembly ... in May, 1817. Printed by Order of the House of Representatives [caption title]. [Hartford 1817.] 8 pp. Not in AMERICAN IMPRINTS but WorldCat records a handful of copies.
7. The Mischiefs of Legislative Caucuses, Exposed in an Address to the People of Connecticut. By Trumbull [pseud.]. Hartford: Goodwin & Sons, 1819. 15 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 49643. Sabin 97175.
8. BAYARD [JAMES H.]. Mr. Bayard's Speech [caption title]. [N.p. 1802.]. -48 pp., apparently lacking title. AMERICAN IMPRINTS and Sabin 4026?
9. PICKERING, TIMOTHY. A Letter From ... a Senator ... from the State of Massachusetts, Exhibiting to His Constituents, a View of the Imminent Danger, of an Unnecessary and Ruinous War, Addressed to His Excellency James Sullivan, Governor of Said State. To Which is Added Governor Sullivan's Answer. First Hartford, from the Second Boston Edition. Hartford: Lincoln & Gleason, 1808. 16 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 15928. Sabin 62652. See Howes P343.
10. [MADISON, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Transmitting Copies of Certain Documents Obtained From a Secret Agent of the British Government, Employed in Fomenting Disaffection to the Constituted Authorities, and in Bringing About Resistance to the Laws: And Eventually, in Concert with a British Force, to Destroy the Union of the United States. Washington City: R.C. Weightman, 1812. 50 pp. (first 6 pages stained). AMERICAN IMPRINTS 27248. Sabin 48068. Howes M557.
11. HILLHOUSE [JAMES]. Mr. Hillhouse's Speech on the Resolution to Repeal the Embargo, November 29, 1808. [N.p. 1808.]. 15 pp. (clean tear in one leaf). AMERICAN IMPRINTS 15226. Sabin 31882.
12. DANA, SAMUEL. Speech ... on a Resolution Concerning Francis J. Jackson, Minister Plenipotentiary from Great Britain to the United States. City of Washington 1810. 28 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS. 19915. Sabin 18454.
13. [MADISON, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Recommending an Immediate Declaration of War Against Great Britain.... Washington City: Roger C. Weightman, 1812. 12 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 27216.
14. Report, Or Manifesto of the Causes and Reasons of War with Great Britain, Presented to the House of Representatives by the Committee of Foreign Relations. Washington: A. & G. Way, 1812. 17 pp. (piece, still present, torn away from top of one leaf). AMERICAN IMPRINTS 27350.
15. An Address of Members of the House of Representatives of the Congress ... To Their Constituents On the Subject of the War with Great Britain. New-Haven: Walter & Steele, 1812. 31 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 24547. Sabin 393 and 67197. Howes A77.
16. QUINCY, JOSIAH. Speech ... in the House of Representatives ... Delivered the 5th of January, 1813 on the Bill in Addition to the Act Entitled "An Act to Raise and Additional Military Force" and For Other Purposes. Alexandria [Va.]: S. Snowden & J.D. Simms, 1813. 36 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 29614. Sabin 67250.
17. Report, in Part of the Committee on Foreign Relations, Accompanied with a Bill for the Regulation of Seamen on Board Public Vessels and in the Merchant Service of the United States. Washington: A. & C. Way, Printers, 1813. 11 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 30319.
18. [MADSION, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Transmitting Information Touching the French Decree Purporting to Be a Repeal of the Berlin and Milan Decrees.... Washington: A. & G. Way, Printers, 1813. 44 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 30263.
19. [MADSION, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Transmitting Sundry Documents Relating to a Declaration and Order in Council of the British Government of the Twenty-First of April, 1812. Washington City: Roger C. Weightman, 1813. 35 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 30266.
20. Report of the Committee of Foreign Relations on a Message of the President ... in Pursuance of a Resolution Calling For Information Touching the Decree of France Purporting to be a Repeal of the Berlin and Milan Decrees. Washington City: Roger C. Weightman, 1813. 4 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 30339.
21. [MADSION, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Transmitting Communications From the Plenipotentiaries of the United States Charged with Negotiating Peace with Great Britain: Shewing the Conditions on Which Alone That Government is Willing To Put an End to the War. Washington: A. & G. Way, Printers, 1814. 26 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 33318.
22. [MADSION, JAMES.] Message From the President ... Transmitting the Treaty of Peace and Amity Between the United States and His Britannic Majesty. Washington City: Roger C. Weightman, 1815. 16 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 36325. Sabin 48073.
23. [MADSION, JAMES.] Message From the President ... To Both Houses of Congress at the Commencement of the First Session of the Fifteenth Congress. Washington City: Edward DeKrafft, Printer, 1817. 11 pp. (fore-edge severely cropped). AMERICAN IMPRINTS 42657.
24. [GALLISON, J.] A Proposed Memorial to the Congress of the United States. May, 1819. [Boston 1819.] 7 pp. AMERICAN IMPRINTS 48063. Sabin 26419. Item #65318