1921-1922. The pamphlet: Illustrated stapled paperwraps. 20 x 24 cm.  pp., with illustrations, and including a map on the rear endpaper dated 7-11-'22. Accompanied by: a group of 10 black & white photos on glossy paper, 13 x 18 cm., three with caption titles, most with the stamp of commercial photographer N.A. Berthol of Cincinnati on verso; plus a group of 38 larger photos (3 of which are duplicates), 20 x 25 cm., each backed with linen, and each with a linen tab at the left margin, most with a small square Foundation Company label identifying the site on recto, and most stamped on verso by Chas. M. Longley, commercial photographer of Cincinnati. All photos are very good, clear.
The original photos show the process of building a new bridge "around and about the old one without interrupting traffic for a single day." The old railroad bridge, a single-track was no longer adequate to carry the newer, heavier trains and needed to be replaced by a "modern steel double-track structure." The newly constructed span opened for unrestricted railroad traffic on August 26, 1922. Images include: workers removing the old floor system span, construction at the Gest St. Underpass, the Addyston Machine Shop, position of the tower on E. McLean Wall, Abutment and Stone Retaining Wall, views of the River Piers, work near the Cincinnati Paper Stock Co. building, etc. Workers, equipment, trains, appear in several of the images. Item #63694
Charles Longley (c.1873-1938) was a native of Cincinnati, worked for Chick's newspaper publication, and had his own photography studio in the city. Longley specialized in architectural photography, according to his obituary in the Cincinnati Enquirer on June 30, 1938.
For the pamphlet: one listing on OCLC at the Public Library of Cincinnati.