The three items are: (1) "Homeseekers' Rates." [Tampa Bay Land Company: Tampa, Fla., February 16, 1910]. Small broadsheet, 4 x 9 in. Quoting rates for travel from various cities in the mid-west and on the east coast, to Tampa "[e]ffective March 1st, and sold only on the first and third Tuesdays of each month until December...bearing a limit of twenty-five days for the round trip and with stop-over privileges allowed." Original envelope, printed with the address of the land company included. (2) "South Tampa Bulletin and Keystone Park Colonist." [Tampa, Florida: June, 1910]. A four-page promotional pamphlet, 13 1/2 x 9 in. Illustration of "An Ideal Ten-Acre Grove and Farm," from the Civil Engineering firm of Ellis, Curtis, & Kooker, on page 3; and a coupon to be clipped and mailed with a "first payment on ... acres in South Tampa...." on page 2. A report on the progress and development of the community. (3) "South Tampa, Hillsborough County Florida, Fruit and Vegetable Farms, Tampa Bay Land Co." [nd, ca.1910]. Numbered plat map, 15 x 12 in., black & white on buff paper, with small annotation in red pencil marking off three adjoining parcels. Hillsborough Bay is noted at left margin, a paved road to Riverview runs north-south. Other locations noted on the map include Dishong Mineral Spring, Croft Mineral Springs, Yoman's Celery Farm, the South Tampa station, and three schools. Item #60688
The Tampa Bay Land Company was charted in Florida, ca. 1906 and was able to take advantage of the Florida land boom between 1910-1925. The bulletin included here promotes the company's efforts in both Keystone Park and South Tampa, selling truck farms in both locations. It states that the company opened South Tampa to "the buying public December 15, ...[t]oday crops are growing on more than two score plats of ground, chicken ranches have been established, the tract is dotted with homes in cottage and bungalow style... and the proposition looks prosperous from every standpoint." It points to several public improvements being made in the South Tampa area, including paved roads and development in the vicinity of the South Tampa Station. According to the Manufacturers Record publication of 1912, "Thirty Years of Southern Upbuilding": Tampa Bay Land Company was "the owner of Keystone Park, the original colony of Hillsborough county, and of South Tampa, the only city-suburban colony in Florida. It has the endorsement of the Tampa Board of Trade, the Dade City Board of Trade, the Tampa banks, the newspapers and thousands of satisfied customers who have dealt with it and who know it makes its every promise good." The bursting of the real estate bubble in the mid-1920's and the Great Depression which followed spelled the collapse of the company.
No listings found on OCLC for these three items. Not listed in Servies which list only one earlier land development piece for Tampa also by the Tampa Bay Land Company in 1909.