NP [Tucson, A.T.]: n.d. [ca.1880]. Broadside newspaper supplement, 37 x 25 cm. In addition to ads, this supplement published part of the text of the "Sonora Charter" of October 20, 1877, the contract made by the minister of public works with Messrs. David Ferguson and Sebastian Camacho, representing Mr. Robert R. Symon, for the construction of a railroad from Guaymas to the north of the State of Sonora or Chihuahua. There is an ad for the reorganization of the firm of Felis e Hijo, in 1880 and a reward notice, offered by H.C. Hooker, for the arrest and conviction of the persons who stole some cattle from his ranch on the Sierra Bonita. Hooker owned one of the largest cattle herds in Arizona Territory by 1880. Item #59807
"El Fronterizo", established in 1878 by Carlos Ygnacio Velasco, one of the first Spanish-language newspaper in Tucson, operating in the city for 36 years. It followed the short-lived "Las Dos Republicas," published between 1877-79. Velasco went on to found "La Alianza Hispano-Americana, a mutual aid society and political organization which spread throughout the Southwest,and was one of the leading citizens of Tucson.