NP: np, nd [1883?]. Single sheet, 1 pp., measuring 11 x 8 1/2 inches., printed on buff paper (lightly creased from folding; some ting separations at folds). Black lettered text, in various sizes and styles, with vignettes of the pump and valves. A very good copy. Item #58029
The pump was patented on March 13, 1873 and, according to the circular, had "stood the test ot TEN YEARS trial." The town of Lewiston, Montana was founded in 1879 and T.C. Powers (known as "The Merchant Prince of the Plains"), purchased Francis Janeaux' store there, setting up his own operations in 1883. Thomas Charles Powers (1839-1923) was involved in the mercantile, banking, transportation, real estate and political life of a burgeoning Montana. He represented the state of Montana in the US Senate from 1890-95. Many of his papers reside in a collection at the Montana Historical Society.